Appropriate leadership skills, Administration ability, and development, Concept and definition of leadership, What are the effective qualities a good leader should possess? Types and Functions of Administration Complete description, what and what should be good leadership?
Leadership is an essential condition of the organization. The reason for this is that business conditions are subject to constant changes, so it is absolutely necessary to have suitable leadership to establish effective control under these changing conditions because only a skilled administration can take any business or industrial undertaking from darkness to light. Tries to go and overcome the difficulties that arise from time to time and lead him on the path of progress.
Leadership is a trait that everyone recognizes. But very few can define it correctly. The best and most widely accepted definition is “Leadership is achieved by the people.” In other words, it is the management of people to achieve the goal. It includes leaders, people, and goals. Hence it is the art of influencing the people as a result of which they work voluntarily and diligently towards the attainment of the goals of the organization. Supervision is the relationship in which one person or leader encourages others to voluntarily take actions related to achieving goals. About is Leadership getting results from people?
Leadership is needed for the following reasons
A. To conduct and improve the functions of the group
B. To bring the collective actions in proper order
C. To establish mutual relations among the group
D. To take the group/enterprise to the heights,
E. To take preliminary steps
F. To give strategic orientation to the group
G. To convey and understand the point of view of the group.
Meaning of leadership
Leadership refers to the quality of individuals on the basis of which they properly guide other people and conduct their activities. Generally, oversight is the process in which a person guides and guides his followers to do the work of their choice.
Definition of Leadership
There is no consensus on what administration really means. Some people refer to it as a specific position or position in the organization hierarchy; some define leadership on the basis of individual characteristics; The following definitions of administration given by various scholars confirm this fact.
(1) According to Mooney and Rayleigh, “The form that the bureaucracy assumes upon entering the process is called leadership.”
(2) According to Alvin Goldner, ” A leader is a member of a group who is given a certain position and who behaves in accordance with the position received.
(3) According to Robert C. Appleby, “Leadership is the instrument of direction, the ability to inspire subordinates to act confidently and willingly towards group ideals.”
“(4) According to Ardway Teed,” Leadership is such a combination of qualities by which a person is able to get others to do things because under his influence they are willing to do so.” ,
Definition of leadership
(5) According to Allen, “a leader is one who guides and directs” others. He should provide his efforts, direction, and purpose.,
(6) George R. According to Terry, “Leadership is an act of influencing people to make volitional efforts to achieve mutual objectives.”
(7) According to Koontz and O’ Donnell, “Leadership is the art or process of influencing people so that they move voluntarily, with eagerness and confidence, towards achieving group goals.”
(8) According to Alford and Beatty-“Leadership is the ability by which a group of followers get the desired work done voluntarily and without any coercion.”
Concept of leadership
In a general sense, leadership refers to the quality of a particular person by which he guides other persons or subordinates. It is an interpersonal process by which the manager influences the people working to achieve the set goals. The voluntary following behavior is created for the performance of the employees by the leadership. It is pragmatist jaggery of impressing others and making them ready to act voluntarily.
A. Leader is one who
knows the way
shows the way
and leads the way.
B. A good leader should be:
full of power.
C. A good leader should always put the benefits of his group before his own. The leader should have:
Always think positive
Characteristics of Leadership The main characteristics of effective leadership are:
(1) Having followers-Leadership cannot even be imagined in the absence of followers, so it is absolutely necessary to have a leader as well as his followers. The more followers there are, the greater the importance of the leader.
(2) Dynamic Process-The process of leadership goes on continuously in every organization. The process of leadership continues from the inception of the institution till the time the institution exists.
(3) Ideal Conduct The leader presents one to his followers by his conduct. His followers want that their leader should not only be a leader but also an ideal man so that they can follow him.
(4) Active Relationship-The relationship between the leader and his followers is active rather than passive. The leader stands at the forefront in performing a task and guides his followers.
Characteristics of Leadership
(5) Unity of interests–There is unity in the interests of the leader and his followers. Leadership becomes ineffective when the leader and his followers work for different purposes.
(6) Attention to circumstances-Leadership is very much dependent on circumstances and environment. It is possible that a person may achieve success in a certain situation and not in such a situation.
(7) Self-realization-According to this characteristic of leadership, the leader should not have misconceptions about himself. He should have accurate knowledge of his strengths and weaknesses.
(8) Realistic Approach-According to this last feature in leadership, he should have a realistic approach towards human behavior.
Types of leadership
The leaders going in business and industrial undertakings can be divided into the following parts according to their nature-
(1) Democratic leader: Democracy leader is one who works in consultation with his group and their contribution in the formulation of policies and methods. It does what its group wants.
(2) Autocratic leader: Such a leader concentrates all the authority and decision in himself. He believes that people are often lazy, do not want to take responsibility, and feel content by doing what they are told. So he makes all the decisions and all the plans instruct his subordinates what to do.
(3) Persistent Leader: This is the leader who leaves his group mostly to himself. Group members set their own goals and solve their problems. He not only trains himself but also motivates.
(4) Institutional Leader: It is the leader who attains high status by the influence of his position, as a result, he is in a position to influence his followers.
(5) Personal Leader: Personal leadership is established on the basis of individual relations. Such a leader gives instructions and motivation in relation to the performance of a task through his own mouth or personally. This type of leader is relatively more effective, as he has a personal and direct relationship with the followers.
Types of leadership
(6) Impersonal Leader:-Personal administration is established directly through the employees under the leaders or deputy leaders. In this, instead of oral things, there are written things, so everything, instructions, orders, policies, plans, and programs are written. In such enterprises, where it is difficult to establish a personal relationship with the leader due to a large number of employees, impersonal administration is popular.
(7) Action leader: An action leader is one who, on the basis of his ability, skill, experience, and knowledge, gains the trust of his followers and guides them.
In general, the following functions of leadership are considered.
(1) Planning and Direction:-The first function of leadership is the planning of work and the direction of group members towards achieving their goals. The group leader participates in high-level meetings as a representative of the group and helps in setting the goals and policies of the enterprise. After that, he guides the members to achieve those goals.
(2) Coordination of Motivation:-The second function of leadership is to motivate the group members to work according to their ability and to achieve the goal by creating coordination in their work.
(3) Providing information and technical assistance:-It is the function of the leadership to send information related to their work and interests to the members of the group and provide them technical and other types of assistance when difficulties arise while working.
(4) Arranging for rewards and punishments:-Leadership arranges rewards and punishments for its group members. He rewards those who do good work and punishes those who do incompetent or wrong or recommends to the higher management in this regard. It is the leader who knows exactly the feelings of his group members, what kind of reward can motivate them to do good work.
(5) Creation of Healthy Environment:-The organizational environment in an enterprise has a huge impact on the work of the employees. It is the task of the leader to create such a healthy environment in his department so that the employees are motivated to work with desire and happiness. The leader should also try to remove the mutual estrangement and bitterness among the employees, otherwise, the environment is polluted due to their work.
leadership are considered
6) Promotion and development of members: It is the important function of leadership to understand the aspirations and desires of its group members and contribute to their satisfaction. Provide opportunities for members to grow and develop.
(7) To get the cooperation of subordinates: The leader should adopt such a style of leadership which can provide him full cooperation of subordinates. From this point of view, he can adopt a democratic approach, in which the employees can be consulted from time to time to solve the problems and they can be made participants in the managerial decisions.
(8) Presenting Ideals:-Leadership should be fair, selfless, capable, and courageous. Leadership should set such ideals in front of the members of the group by its behavior and conduct as it expects from its followers. Presentation of ideas by conduct is the only surefire weapon to make supervision effective.